Finance and Control - summer internship opportunities
The finance and control (F&C) function is the driving force behind performance and creating greater value in the company. We ensure financing across our value chain and are responsible for financial information internally and externally.
The F&C function provides professional support and advice to business units and corporate executive management. We also represent Equinor in the financial markets and are responsible for the interaction with equity analysts and investors.
Meet some of our previous interns
As an intern, you’ll work on meaningful tasks within your chosen field whilst gaining a broad understanding of the energy sector and our role in the energy transition.
Watch as four of our 2022 interns share their experience of the programme.
What projects or tasks could I work on?
The positions are within Finance and Control (F&C) or Project Development (PD).
The Project Development (PD) area is developing renewables, oil & gas and low carbon projects. Some of our working areas are:
- Project Management: leading investment projects
- Project Control Management: cost control, planning & analysis, finance & accounting, project control in contracts
- Quality & Risk Management, information data management and improvement through digitalisation
In Finance and Control, you can expect tasks within:
- Accounting: Operations and improvement projects
- Financial model and master data: build, maintain master data structures and prepare for transition to new SAP solution S/4, advice to enable correct analysis
- Joint Venture audits and Cost Allocations: conducting/coordinating partner audits, manage/advice cost allocation solutions and processes
- Performance management: Reporting, follow-up and improvement work
- Business analytics: Develop application for automatic planning and prediction, model and user interface, with support from technical finance experts
- Treasury and Tax: Credit risk management, i.e., determining credit ratings, financial analysis of counterparties, advice related to risk mitigation
Your exact assignment will be decided based on our business needs and your interests and experience of systems and tools.
Who can apply?
We’re looking for interns from the following degree subjects and disciplines:
Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Ph.D. with a strong academic record within Business, Management, Economics, Finance, Accounting, Auditing, Industrial Economics or Project Management.
Where can I work?
Interns in this area could be assigned to any of the following locations:
Norway (Stavanger, Bergen, Oslo, Stjørdal)