Subsea maintenance company created

December 15, 2003, 00:30 CET

A new company which aims to be a leading player in subsea repair and maintenance work on pipelines and seabed facilities has been created with the participation of a Statoil subsidiary.

PipeCare, which is wholly owned by the group, joined forces with FMC Energy Systems in establishing FieldCare to take over Bergen-based NUI Marine.

The latter delivers products and services to the subsea-based oil industry, and is involved in research, engineering and logistics as well as specialist subsea operations.

FieldCare will combine the tools and expertise available from NUI with similar capabilities at the two founding companies.

Its principal market will be producing subsea fields, with the initial development of products and services for Norwegian customers being followed by a commitment to international growth.

“We already see substantial benefits from exploiting our collective expertise,” says PipeCare president Ola Nestaas.

“We’re convinced that we can offer products and services required by offshore operators on competitive terms, both to the NCS and to an international market.”

The new company will have 18 employees and be based at Coast Center Base outside Bergen.

PipeCare owns 49 per cent of FieldCare, with FMC Energy Systems holding the remaining 51 per cent.