New helicopter contract for Stavanger
Equinor has awarded CHC Helikopter Service AS a contract for personnel transportation from Stavanger airport, Sola.
The contract will run from 1 July 2021 for a fixed period of three years and includes three yearly options. The total value of the contract with options is estimated at NOK 1 billion.
The contract covers crew change services with two Sikorsky S-92 helicopters, with a possibility to increase with one additional helicopter.
In connection with this procurement, Equinor and Vår Energi have entered into a cooperation agreement and will share capacity on one of the helicopters.
“We have good experience of cooperation with Vår Energi on joint procurement of helicopter services. The cooperation contributes to efficient use of helicopter capacity and increases flexibility for both companies. It also allows for better long-term planning from the service provider”, says Peggy Krantz-Underland, Equinor’s chief procurement officer.
For Equinor, the helicopters will be used in connection with crew change services in the southern part of the North Sea, serving the fields Johan Sverdrup, Gina Krog, Sleipner, Grane, Gudrun, Heimdal and Draupner, as well as drilling rigs in the area.
“Stavanger airport, Sola, is a cornerstone for our operations in the North Sea. About 50,000 passengers are annually transported from Sola to Equinor’s offshore installations and back. We look forward to cooperate with CHC and Vår Energi to deliver safe and efficient personnel transportation from Sola airport”, says Steinar Mathisen, responsible for aviation on the NCS for Equinor.
Equinor’s helicopter activities:
- Equinor uses six helicopter bases for personnel transportation services in Norway: Sola, Bergen, Florø, Kristiansund, Brønnøysund and Hammerfest.
- For search and rescue helicopter (SAR) Equinor has four bases offshore at Heidrun, Oseberg, Statfjord and Johan Sverdrup, and three bases onshore in Hammerfest, Kristiansund and Sola.
- Equinor has contracts with two helicopter companies: Bristow Norway and CHC Helikopter Service.
- When the new contract takes effect in July 2021, Equinor will have 13 Sikorsky S-92 crew change helicopters on contract: 5 with CHC Helikopter Service and 8 with Bristow Norway.
- Equinor has 7 SAR helicopters on contract: 6 with CHC Helikopter Service and 1 with Bristow Norway.