Hydro's hydrogen station opens in Porsgrunn on Tuesday
Hydro's first hydrogen filling station - located outside the company's research centre at Herøya, Porsgrunn - will be officially opened on Tuesday by State Secretary Steinulf Tungesvik of the Norwegian Ministry of Transport and Communications and Hydro's President and CEO Eivind Reiten.
In addition to invited guests, the press will be welcome on the opening day, where both a seminar on hydrogen and an opening ceremony are part of the program.
The new hydrogen filling station in Porsgrunn will be a part of the planned ’Hydrogen Route’ between Oslo and Stavanger. Nine hydrogen powered cars are available at the Herøya station. State Secretary Steinulf Tungesvik and Hydro’s President and CEO Eivind Reiten will together fill-up the first hydrogen tank before they embark on a trial tour.
The opening arrangements begin at 10am with a mini-seminar on hydrogen as a fuel. The seminar will be conducted inside Hydro’s research centre in Porsgrunn. The official opening ceremony starts at 1130am and will be held outside the research centre where the station is located.
Program – Opening day June 12
- 10:00 Welcome
Alexandra Bech Gjørv, Senior Vice President, Hydro Oil & Energy, Markets
- 10:05 New possibilities with hydrogen
Gunn Marit Helgesen, County Mayor of Telemark
- 10:15 Hydrogen’s contribution to the environment
Einar Håndlykken, Head of Zero
- 10:25 HyNor – The ‘Hydrogen Route’ in Norway
Brage W. Johansen, Statoil, Manager of the HyNor project
- 10:35 HyNor Grenland – a junction on the Hydrogen Route is completed
Ulf Hafseld, Hydro, Manager of HyNor Grenland
- 10:45 Hydrogen seen from the environmentally-engaged’s point of view
Petter Stordalen, Head of Choice
- 10:55 Finish
Alexandra Bech Gjørv
- 11:00 Entertainment
- 11:30 – 12:00 The official opening ceremony with a short speech by State Secretary Steinulf Tungesvik and Hydro’s President and CEO Eivind Reiten
- Public Affairs Manager Lars Nermoen, Hydro
Direct number: +47 22536379
Mobile phone: +47 90240153