Concept selection for the Johan Sverdrup field early in 2014
Øivind Reinertsen, senior vice president of the Johan Sverdrup field.
The plan is to have the plan for development and operation (PDO)approved during the Norwegian Parliament’s (Stortinget) spring session of 2015. Production start-up is expected at the end of 2019.
The resource estimate for the field is between 1.8 – 2.9 billion barrels of oil equivalent.
• Johan Sverdrup is an oil field.
• Johan Sverdrup consists of a combined discovery which makes up one field.
• Location: Utsira High in the North Sea, 140 kilometres west from Stavanger.
• The water depth is 110 metres, and the reservoir depth is 1,900 metres.
• We expect approval of the plan for development and operation (PDO) during the Norwegian Parliament’s (Stortinget) spring session in 2015.
• Production start is expected at the end of 2019.
• The field has a production horizon until 2050.
• As part of the design basis it was decided early in 2013 that the field will be developed in phases. The first phase is the establishment of a field centre consisting of four platforms.
• It is recommended to transport the oil via pipeline to the Mongstad terminal in Hordaland, and to transport the gas to Statpipe and then further to the Kårstø processing plant in northern Rogaland.
• The field will receive power from land.
PL 501: Lundin Norway (operator - 40%), Statoil (40%), Maersk Oil (20%)
PL 265: Statoil (operator - 40%), Petoro (30%), Det norske oljeselskap (20%), Lundin Norway (10%)
PL 502: Statoil (operator – 44.44%), Petoro (33.33%), Det norske oljeselskap (22.22%)
Hilde Merete Nafstad, senior vice president, investor relations
Tel: +47 957 83 911
Morten Sven Johannessen, vice president, investor relations North America
Tel: +203 570 2524
Ørjan Heradstvedt, media contact
Tel: +47 917 78 161
This information is subject to the disclosure requirements pursuant to section 5-12 of the Norwegian Securities Trading Act.