We changed our name from Statoil to Equinor on May 15. Read the press release.
This is what changed us.
Some changes are so profound that they challenge us to find a new balance. As we go from being an oil and gas company to a broad energy company, it was natural to change our name.
Until recently, these people worked for Statoil. Now they work for Equinor.
Practical information about our name change
Our new visual identity reflects a sense of direction and purpose, with brand elements gravitating towards our new North star.
Our new colour palette is inspired by nature and our Norwegian heritage.
Say hi to change. Say hi to Equinor.
After the Annual General Meeting approved our name change on May 15, we began the process of implementing our name change as quickly and cost-effectively as possible.
- Major office locations were rebranded first. We expect the rebranding of all locations to be completed by 2019.
- Changes to our IT systems will be necessary following a name change. These changes will take place step-by-step and in a controlled manner.
- E-mail addresses: All employees have new e-mail addresses (email@example.com). E-mails sent to a Statoil e-mail addresses will be automatically redirected to the equivalent Equinor e-mail address until 1 January 2019.
- We intend to replace all current name and logo material with the new name and logo. We are working to ensure that the changes are done in a cost-efficient and sustainable way.
- We will make smart choices to be cost effective, looking for opportunities to reduce waste, increase digitalization, and reduce costs
- Please note that suppliers and vendors are not permitted to use the company logo to promote their relationship with the company. Permission to use the company name (as text) in a client list can be issued by the company representative of the contract/agreement.