Annual general meeting approves dividend of NOK 6.50 per share
The annual accounts and the annual report for Statoil ASA and the Statoil group for 2011 were approved, and a dividend of NOK 6.50 per share will be distributed. The dividend accrues to the shareholders as of 15 May 2012, with expected dividend payment on 30 May 2012. The expected payment date for dividends in USD under the US American Depository Receipts (ADR) program is 11 June 2012.
Statoil’s shares listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange (Oslo Børs) will be traded ex-dividend as of 16 May 2012.
American Depositary Shares (ADS) listed on the New York Stock Exchange will be traded ex dividend as of 17 May 2012.
The following persons are elected as members of the corporate assembly for the period up to the ordinary general meeting in 2014:
- Olaug Svarva (existing member and chair)
- Idar Kreutzer (existing member and deputy chair)
- Karin Aslaksen (existing member)
- Greger Mannsverk (existing member)
- Steinar Olsen (existing member)
- Ingvald Strømmen (existing member)
- Rune Bjerke (existing member)
- Tore Ulstein (existing member)
- Live Haukvik Aker (existing member)
- Siri Kalvig (existing member)
- Thor Oscar Bolstad (existing member)
- Barbro Hætta (existing member)
The following persons are elected as deputy members of the corporate assembly for the period up to the ordinary general meeting in 2014:
1. deputy member: Arthur Sletteberg (existing deputy member)
2. deputy member: Bassim Haj (new deputy member)
3. deputy member: Anne-Margrethe Firing (existing deputy member, former 2. deputy)
4. deputy member: Linda Litlekalsøy Aase (existing deputy member, former 3. deputy)
The general meeting gave its approval of the board’s statement on stipulation of salary and other remuneration for the executive management. It also approved the remuneration to the company’s auditor, the corporate assembly and the nomination committee.
The general meeting approved KPMG AS as new auditor for Statoil ASA.
The general meeting authorised the board to acquire shares in Statoil ASA in the market in order to continue the share saving plan for employees. The general meeting also authorised the board to acquire shares in Statoil ASA in the market for subsequent annulment.
A shareholder proposed that Statoil should divest its interests in oil sands extraction in Canada. The proposal was not adopted.
Please find the complete minutes of the ordinary general meeting enclosed.
Hilde Merete Nafstad, senior vice president for investor relations,
Tel: +47 957 83 911
Morten Sven Johannessen, vice president for investor relations USA,
Tel: + 1 203 570 2524
Jannik Lindbæk Jr., vice president for media relations,
Tel: +47 97 75 56 22
This information is subject of the disclosure requirements pursuant to section 5-12 of the Norwegian Securities Trading Act.