Equinor in brief
Equinor is an international energy company committed to long-term value creation in a low-carbon future. Our purpose is to turn natural resources into energy for people and progress for society. Equinor’s portfolio of projects encompasses oil and gas, renewables and low-carbon solutions, with an ambition of becoming a net-zero energy company by 2050. Headquartered in Stavanger (Norway), Equinor is the leading operator on the Norwegian continental shelf. We are present in around 30 countries worldwide.
Energising the lives of 170 million people every day
Among the world’s largest offshore operators
Over 21,000 employees
- 21,126 employees (2021)
- Norwegian state ownership: 67%
- Total revenues: 90,924 USD million (2021)
- Equity oil and gas production: 2.079 million boe/day (2021)
- Renewable power generation: 1.6 TWh (2021)
- Head office: Stavanger, Norway. Tel. +4751990000 .
Who we are
- President and CEO: Anders Opedal, since November 2020
- Purpose: Turning natural resources into energy for people and progress for society
- Vision: Shaping the future of energy
- Values: Open, courageous, collaborative and caring
- Strategy: Always safe, high value, low carbon. We are committed to long-term value creation in a low-carbon future.