We recognise the great contributions that our suppliers make to the success of our company and the value they create for our partners and customers. These pages provide key information for all our suppliers.
For the latest information about the coronavirus situation, please see below.
Jump to a section with the buttons below, or simply scroll down
1. UNDERSTAND OUR PROCUREMENT PROCESS
2. WORKING WITH US
A recording of our Virtual Supplier Day is avaiable here.
Information regarding ongoing coronavirus/Covid-19 outbreak
As a rule, if national or local authorities have more restrictive regulations than Equinor, these regulations will apply to Equinor suppliers and operations. All suppliers are requested to follow national and/or local regulations as they apply. For Norway, follow the advice from the Norwegian Institute of Public Health and the Norwegian Government.
If you have any questions, please contact your Equinor company representative (CR).
Where Equinor is the principal enterprise, suppliers shall follow Equinor’s policy:
- If you experience mild symptoms of respiratory infection, no offshore travel or visits to onshore plants/other Equinor premises until at least 24 hours after symptoms go away. This also applies if Covid-test is negative.
- If symptoms are more severe (cough, fever, shortness of breath), and Covid-19 PCR test is not performed, no offshore travel or visits to onshore plants/other Equinor premises for one week after symptoms go away.
- In Norway:
- For close contacts with confirmed or probable covid-19 patients, no visits to Equinor onshore facilities for 10 days (link to definitions)
- Personnel commuting for work between Norway and “green/yellow” regions/countries in the Schengen/European Economic Area (EEA) are exempted from 10 days quarantine. Please see the Norwegian Public Health Institute’s website for definition of “red”, “yellow” and “green” regions/countries.
- Personnel travelling for work from “red” countries in the Schengen/EEA area to Norway shall have 10 day quarantine or shall provide two negative Covid-19 PCR tests taken after arrival to Norway (the second test shall be taken no earlier than 48 hours after the first and at the earliest on day number five after arrival). Personnel working onshore can be allowed to work after the first negative test, but shall keep quarantine in their spare time until the second negative test is available or the quarantine period has expired. Personnel working offshore shall have two negative Covid-19 PCR tests before travelling offshore. For detailed guidelines, in particular for commuters from Nordic countries, please contact your Equinor company representative.
- People who, by approved laboratory method (only PCR), can document that they have undergone Covid-19 in the past six months, are exempted from quarantine.
- For travel offshore in Norway, the following also applies:
- If you are a close contact of a household member (or similar close contact as defined by FHI) with symptoms of respiratory infection and testing for Covid-19, contact your Equinor company representative for an assessment of whether you can travel.
- If you are a close contact of a person with probable Covid-19 infection (a person quarantined due to travel abroad or a close contact, having symptoms), you shall not travel offshore until test results are ready. If in doubt, consult your Equinor company representative.
- If you are quarantined due to travel abroad or close contact with an ill person, and develop symptoms of fever of respiratory disease, you shall not travel offshore until you have taken a test with a negative result, and you have remained quarantined for the entire quarantine period and waited at least 24 hours after symptoms disappear. If in doubt, consult your Equinor company representative.
- Outside of Norway: No offshore travel or visits to onshore plants/other Equinor premises for
- 14 days for anyone who has had close contact with confirmed or probable Covid-19 patients. (link to definitions)
- 14 days for anyone who has been on international travel. International travel includes US interstate travel (except short-distance travel between neighbouring states)
Oil and gas activity and employment on the Norwegian continental shelf have been added to the Norwegian government’s list of “important society functions” in the context of Covid-19 measures. Supplier personnel in certain roles may therefore be exempt from certain government restrictions related to Covid-19. To investigate an opportunity for an exemption for individual employees, please contact your Equinor company representative. Exemptions will be considered for business-critical roles only and will be kept to a necessary minimum. Each request for approval will be assessed individually. No specific groups or roles will be defined as exempt from restrictions on a general basis.
Where Equinor is NOT the principal enterprise, suppliers will be expected as a minimum to follow guidelines from WHO and/or relevant national health authorities, and follow principal enterprise's policies.
Equinor’s eAuction portal is a web-based negotiation tool.
Equinor’s aim to increase the use of eAuctions as a procurement tool, is part of our digital agenda. The eAuction tool will drive efficiency and competitive rates in our industry, without compromising safety and quality. The use of eAuction will be considered on a case-by-case basis, both for contracts and purchase orders. Each eAuction will be carefully designed and supplier training given in advance.
What is the eAuction portal?
The eAuction portal is web tool that enables Equinor and suppliers to negotiate in real time.
Why use the eAuction portal?
- Transparent and objective commercial negotiation with quick award
- Open and fair chance to improve procurement ranking
- Time efficient – no need for travelling
- HSE and technical weightings are included
Who can use the eAuction portal?
Qualified suppliers who receive invitation to participate in an eAuction event. Ask your Equinor contact person for more information.
Ethical conduct is essential for sustainable business and we treat ethics as an integral part of our activities. We expect high ethical standards of everyone who acts on our behalf, and we encourage our business partners to implement ethics standards compatible with our own.
We have zero tolerance for bribery and corruption in any form, including facilitation payments. We will comply with all applicable anti-corruption and bribery laws and take active steps to ensure that bribery or corruption does not occur in our business activities.
We believe in the benefits of competition, and we will always compete in a fair and ethically justifiable manner, both in relation to competitors as well as to customers and suppliers.