How to receive purchase orders
In line with our digital Business-to-Business (B2B) strategy, Equinor will issue transaction data in a standard digital format to facilitate suppliers being able to use the data to automate processes and systems in their own organisations.
The current Equinor system of issuing purchase orders on paper or in PDF/eMail format will therefore cease with staggered roll-out from Q4 2020. Some exceptions may be applicable. Notifications to suppliers will be published on the Supplier section of Equinor.com as each area becomes ready for transition.
The digital system for receiving Purchase Orders will be as follows:
- All Purchase Orders will be distributed in Advanced Ordering v3 format (Peppol BIS Ordering v3 can be agreed if Advanced Ordering is not possible). Suppliers that already have an agreement with a Peppol access point will be able to contact their access point and register for receival of purchase orders in Advanced Ordering v3 format, if desired.
- Suppliers that do not have a Peppol access point agreement (or do not want to receive the purchase order directly to their systems),can choose to either collect POs from Equinor’s supplier portal hosted by Eye-Share, or enter into an agreement with another Peppol portal of their choice and register for receival of purchase orders in Advanced Ordering v3 format.
- Only new purchase orders will be sent out digitally from the implementation date. Existing active purchase orders will not be resent.
- Please see the diagram shown above.
The following specific information is for suppliers collecting purchase orders from Equinor’s supplier portal hosted by Eye-Share:
When the first PO arrives in the portal, you will receive a welcome email informing you that there is a first PO transaction to collect in the portal. The email is based on information registered in our vendor master. You will receive instructions for the first access log-on to the portal.
Once you have logged on you can administer your account in the portal. Here you can indicate who is to receive notifications when POs arrive in the portal and you can add users who should have access to retrieve POs.
You are also expected to return an Order Response. The portal is also configured to facilitate conversion of PO into invoice (PO-flip) for those suppliers wishing to submit EHF/Peppol formatted invoices through this channel.
Please use the following guide if you need help or more information on receiving purchase orders:
- Any technical problems in retrieving documents from a portal must be addressed to the portal supplier. If you are using the Equinor provided Eye-Share portal, you will find more information in the user manual in the Eye-Share portal. If you are using another portal, please contact your portal provider.
- Any technical problems in receiving POs directly (B2B integrated) in your internal systems should be addressed to your Peppol access point provider who will be able to trace the cause of the problem.
- Any enquiries relating to the content of the PO should be addressed to
the contact person in the PO, in line with current practice.
- For information regarding our B2B digital transaction system in general, we request that you read the information in the Equinor.com/Suppliers/B2B digital transactions section.
- Suppliers that receive their purchase orders in the Eye-Share portal and want to move from portal collection to B2B (direct integration), you can use the Equinor customer support link on the welcome page in the Eye-Share portal.